Contact Academic Affairs
Location: Notar Admin Bldg.
Hours: Mon-Fri, 8:00am - 5:00pm
Disney College Program
Disney Theme Parks and Resorts College Program Paid Internship
Niagara County Community College and the Walt Disney World ® Resort have partnered to offer you an opportunity of a lifetime! You can join thousands of other college students from around the world to participate in a paid internship at the Walt Disney World ® Resort in Orlando, Florida. And ... You can earn NCCC college credit while learning, earning and living the Disney College Program experience! In addition to the work experience, students can participate in a variety of educational opportunities, such as the program's Collegiate Courses, Professional Development Series, Disney Exploration Series, and more.
Academic credit is available to students currently enrolled at colleges and universities in the United States, but not enrolled at NCCC. If you are not a current NCCC student, please contact us as we may have options available to you.
In most cases, these credits count as "general electives" toward graduation requirements. You select the number of credits you wish to take (from 6-12 credits). The Disney College Program Co-Op (6 credits) is required of all students participating in the program; it offers 6 credits for performing 240 hours of work experience while at the Walt Disney World ® Resort in Florida. You should contact your school adviser before registering to make sure these credits are transferable.
In addition to receiving college credit from NCCC, you also may earn a "Ducktorate" degree or certificate of completion from the Disney College Program!
To learn more about the Disney experience and how to complete the application process.
To learn more about the Disney College Program experience and how to complete the application process, please follow these simple steps:
STEP 1: Make sure you meet the eligibility requirements. NCCC requirements include
- Being enrolled at a college or university in the semester prior to your internship with the Disney College Program (Disney requirement).
- Achieving a program GPA of 2.0 or higher (make an appointment with James Carlo at the Niagara Falls Culinary Institute, Room 158, to determine eligibility).
- Registering for a minimum of six credits to include DIS 206: Disney College Co-Op while participating in the Disney College Program.
STEP 2: Visit disneycollegeprogram.com and click on "Walt Disney World Resort". Complete an application and print a hard copy for your records.
- It's important to read the information about the "Disney Look" to make sure your individual style will be accepted for participation in the Disney College Program.
- An overview of the Disney College Program - Disney's website answers many of the questions you may have.
STEP 3: Participate in the Disney College Program ePresentation. Students looking for a culinary or theatre placement may have to participate in a second interview or audition at a later date.
Disney College Program options include:
- Fall Program: August through early January
- Fall Advantage Program: mid-late May through early January
- Spring Program: early-mid January through late May or early June
- Spring Advantage Program: early-mid January through late August
STEP 4: This is the hard part ... wait for your Offer Letter from the WDW College Program. Students should meet with their academic advisor during the advanced registration period (March-April or October-November) to prepare a schedule to attend NCCC in the following semester. If accepted into the Disney College Program, you will be contacted to revise your schedule accordingly.
Questions can be directed to:
Niagara Falls Culinary Institute, Room 158