Contact Academic Affairs
Location: Notar Admin Bldg.
Hours: Mon-Fri, 8:00am - 5:00pm
College Courses in High School
College Acceleration Program
Welcome! Through the College Acceleration Program (CAP) of Niagara County Community College, students can experience college-level work before they've left high school. This can help students learn about college culture and expectations, showing that students have what it takes to succeed. Additional benefits may include:
- Saving money by reducing future college costs (through earning college credit while still in high school)
- Showing college admissions officers the seriousness of junior and senior year in high school
- Graduating from college earlier by starting now
- Lightening the first- or second-semester course load in college and relieving some pressure and stress in the first year
- Having the time to take more electives in college, earn a double major, do a special work internship, or spend a semester traveling abroad by starting early in high school
- THE DISCOUNTED COST PER CREDIT FOR EARNING COLLEGE CREDITS WHILE AT YOUR HIGH SCHOOL FOR 2016-2017 IS $68.00.
CAP is a concurrent enrollment program, a cooperative agreement of the State University of New York (SUNY), colleges, and high schools that allows high school students to take college classes in their high schools for both high school and college credit.
The College Acceleration Program is a member of the National Alliance of Concurrent Enrollment Partnerships (NACEP). CAP courses can be delivered in two ways:
- Courses taught by teachers at the high school for dual high school and college credit (reduced rate of tuition). The high school teachers have been approved by the College to become NCCC adjunct instructors. They are required to complete all NCCC requirements in accordance with the College's standard practices and procedures. The high school calendar is followed.
- Courses taught afternoons at NCCC for dual or college credit. Instructors are NCCC faculty members. The College calendar is followed. Tuition is not discounted.
- CAP Brochure
- Participating High Schools
- CAP Course Descriptions
- CAP Faculty Handbook
- CAP High School Administrator Survey
- CAP High School Guidance Counselor Survey
- CAP High School Instructor Survey
- CAP Student Privileges
- CAP Student Survey
- Credit Registration for Non-Matriculated CAP Students
- NCCC CAP Handbook