Student Development

Current Students

Current Students who plan to register for summer and fall 2019 classes should meet with their assigned academic advisor to plan their schedule.  Students can find the name and contact information of their advisor in Starfish (access through Blackboard).  Most advisors also have their office hours posted in Starfish.

Registration starts on March 18 and registration priority is determined by the number of previously earned credits.  Students should meet with their assigned advisor to receive a RAP (Registration Access Pin) before their designated registration date.

Current students will receive a T-Wolves notification from Registration and Records regarding what week they are eligible to register.  Students should prepare for their advisement session by running a degree evaluation in Degree Works and reviewing offered classes.

Any student who needs assistance preparing for their advisement appointment (locating their assigned advisor, running a degree evaluation, or reviewing available classes) should make an appointment with a Success Coach in Student Development (A-131). 

Advisor Assignment

Student Development assigns advisors to new students and processes change of advisor requests. New student assignments are generally completed by the second week of each semester. Students can view their advisor assignment through Banner, NCCC's student information system, by following these directions:

  1. Log into Degree Works
  2. Enter Your Twolves Username (Example: "JSmith123") and Password
  3. Click "Login"
  4. Academic Advisor name and contact information located at the top right of the "Academic/Demographic Summary" Section.

Every matriculated student (a student who is formally admitted to a degree or certificate program) is assigned a permanent Academic Advisor. This faculty member is available for consultation on a regular basis.

What/When is Current Student Registration?

Students who are currently registered for classes in the Spring 2019 semester AND are in a degree or certificate program can register for classes before new students.  Registering for classes during your eligibility week increases your chances of getting the schedule you want.


-> Visit the Current Student Registration Info Page


Utilize the contact information available through Degree Works to meet with your Academic Advisor throughout the semester to discuss academic plans and concerns.

View frequently asked questions about advisement and your advisor.

Call 716-614-6490 or stop by A-131 for more information or to make an appointment.

Do you have an advisement question? Email Student Development for assistance.