Admissions – Technical Assistant
DATE DUE: Continuous
Full-time, 12-month, para-professional position reporting to the Director of Admissions. Responsible for recruitment and admission of prospective students through high school visits, outreach efforts and partnerships with community based organizations; maintains regular reports of recruitment efforts and enrollment of applicants/students; meets with prospective students regarding college admissions; provides presentations on college admissions. Weekend and evening hours may be required.
TYPICAL WORK ACTIVITIES:
- Plan & implement recruitment to include high school visits, business & industry, community based organizations and other markets as assigned by supervisor
- Assist prospective students with the admissions process
- Attend college fairs, parents nights, SUNY recruitment functions, and other recruitment oriented activities and events
- Assist with campus based recruitment & marketing activities and events
- Utilize the student information system to process student info, maintain records and prepare reports
- Prepare and provide admission presentations to groups
- Serve as liaison to an assigned academic division
- Provide campus tours to visitors.
- Maintain statistical and analytical data on enrollment and projected enrollment
- Assist Director with development of recruitment & marketing plan
- Support daily operations of the admissions unit
- Serve on college committees as requested
- Other duties as assigned by the Director of Admissions
Must be able to relate to members of the administration, faculty, staff and student body; must be able to coordinate numerous tasks and projects simultaneously; must be able to operate the student data base system; must be able to prepare and present reports; must be able to prepare and provide presentations to groups; must be able to relate to multiple and diverse populations; must have capability to travel; must be able to work evenings and weekends as required; must be able to maintain a polished, professional appearance.
Bachelor's Degree, one year full-time or equivalent part-time paid professional experience working in a higher education setting; work experience that includes preparing and making presentations to groups.
Master’s Degree in Student Personnel Administration or related field; one year experience in college admissions and/or recruitment; experience with Banner student information system; experience utilizing Microsoft Office Word, Excel, and Publisher.
For more details concerning available positions contact Mrs. Julia Pitman, Vice President of Student Services at Niagara County Community College at firstname.lastname@example.org or 716-614-6241.
Niagara County Community College considers only those applications that clearly demonstrate the applicant meets all required qualifications and application packets are complete. Persons meeting the required qualifications as stated should sendto Human Resources, Niagara County Community College, Sanborn, NY 14132, or via E-mail to HR@niagaracc.suny.edu.
- Cover letter that addresses each of the qualifications,
- Unofficial transcripts
- Names and contact information for three (3) current, work related references.
- Three written letters of reference from applicant’s references must be sent to the above address or email before an on campus interview.
Search will remain open until candidate is selected; however to ensure consideration materials should be received by 4/3/2017. Official transcripts will be required at time of hire.
NCCC is an EOE/AA SUNY Institution, dedicated to work force diversity. Applicant finalist(s) is/are subject to successful results of a criminal background check.