Building Services I
DATE DUE: 4/27/18
Category: Full-time 10 or 12-month hourly position reporting to the Building Services II at the Niagara Falls Culinary Institute.
General description of job:
Usual shift: Tuesday through Saturday, 6:00 AM – 2:30 PM, but may be required to work on other days and times as needed. Other shifts will encompass five days between Sunday and Saturday during tourist season; five days between Monday and Saturday during off-season; and hours between 7:00 am and 11:00 pm. Some evening and weekend days will be required even if not part of the regular work schedule depending on building activity.
Performs daily deliveries/pick-ups, as required, to clients of the Niagara Falls Culinary Institute. Works with the Pastry Production staff to ensure proper loading/unloading and on-time delivery of product. Performs routine cleaning, housekeeping and facilities maintenance tasks in a dual retail/academic environment. Responsible for receiving and checking in deliveries to the culinary institute and transferring to designated facility departments. Works as a team member of the Association and the College in providing delivery service, building maintenance and custodial support at the Niagara Falls Culinary Institute.
General Work Activities
- Keep exterior and interior of the loading dock areas cleaned and maintained.
- Wash and maintain the exterior and interior of the delivery vehicle.
- Clear ice and snow from entrances, walkways and utility areas.
- Complete all deliveries to and from NFCI and other locations using a college association or college vehicle as directed, and process all delivery paperwork appropriate to the delivery transaction.
- Clean and service rooms, hallways, lobbies, lounges, restrooms, corridors, elevators, stairways, locker rooms and other work areas so that cleanliness standards are met.
- Clean rugs, carpets, upholstered furniture, window blinds and draperies, using vacuum cleaners, shampooers or other equipment.
- Empty wastebaskets, recycling, cardboard, paper, and general refuse and transport to dumpster disposal areas.
- Sweep, mop, scrub, wax, and polish floors, using brooms, mops, and/or powered scrubbing and waxing machines.
- Clean, disinfect, dust and polish furniture and equipment.
- Keep storage areas and carts well-stocked, clean, and tidy.
- Replenish or replace supplies such as bathroom items, hand soap/sanitizers, paper products, vacuum cleaner bags and light bulbs.
- Wash interior and exterior window and door glass, walls, whiteboards, blackboards, ceilings, and woodwork, waxing and polishing metalwork such as fixtures and fittings as necessary.
- Set-up, move, arrange and take-down furniture and fixtures for special events.
- Lock and unlock doors and windows to maintain accessible and secure facility.
- Complete small repairs including plastering, sanding and painting.
- Complete work orders (electronic and paper) and other documentation for reporting hazards, needed repairs, and for requesting additional supplies.
- Hang draperies, window blinds, pictures, electrical fixtures, signs and banners.
- Other additional duties as assigned.
High School diploma or GED. Must be able to read and follow written instructions. Must be able to lift and maneuver fifty (50) pounds. Provide proof and maintain as condition of employment a valid New York State Driver's License.
Please submit your resume and application. Applications can be found at niagaracc.suny.edu under College Association Jobs.
Salary: $11.50 /hour