Building Services II - Lead
DATE DUE: 9/30/17
Full- or part- time, 12-month hourly position jointly reporting to the College Association Business Manager and the College’s Vice President for Operations.
General description of job: Performs all duties of the BS I position but emphasis is on higher level facilities maintenance tasks. May be responsible for the supervision of student workers and Building Services I and Building Services II employees. Works as a team member of the Association and the College in providing building maintenance and custodial support at the Niagara Falls Culinary Institute.
General Work Activities:
- Performs all duties of the Building Services I and Building Services II positions.
- Repair minor electrical equipment and service up to and including 220VAC.
- Install and repair minor plumbing such as sinks, faucets, drains, basins, hose bibs, and other plumbing equipment.
- Clean and snake drains and fixtures.
- Clean and maintain outside dumpsters and grease traps.
- Repair small appliances.
- Operate, maintain and repair heating, ventilation and air conditioning systems.
- Assign work assignments to and supervise work of student workers and Building Services I personnel with input from the College Association Business Manager and the College’s Vice President for Operations.
- Monitor and adjust space temperatures using Building Automation System.
- Prioritizes, assigns and closes out work orders on the work order system.
- Orders parts and supplies for repairs.
- Contacts contractors and vendors as needed.
- Sets up weekly work schedules and approves time off requests for all student workers and Building Services employees.
- Other additional duties as assigned.
Job Type: Full-time
High School diploma or GED. Good knowledge of the common practices, tools, terminology, and hazards of one or more standard buildings trades; good knowledge of modern buildings and equipment maintenance and repair practices; ability to work from plans, specifications, and rough sketches; ability to understand and follow oral and written instructions; ability to work well with others and supervise and direct others on work projects; good motor, hand and eye coordination; mechanical aptitude and manual dexterity; initiative, resourcefulness and dependability; willingness to be on call to report to work; physical condition commensurate with the demands of the position. Provide proof and maintain as condition of employment a valid New York State Driver’s License. Must be able to lift and maneuver fifty (50) pounds.
Please submit your resume and application. Applications can be found at niagaracc.suny.edu under College Association Jobs.