Building Services II
DATE DUE: Continuous
Full-time, 12-month hourly position jointly reporting to the College Association Business Manager and the College’s Vice President for Operations. Performs all duties of the BS I position but emphasis is on higher level facilities maintenance tasks. May be responsible for the supervision of student workers and Building Services I employees. Works as a team member of the Association and the College in providing building maintenance and custodial support at the Niagara Falls Culinary Institute.
General Work Activities:
- Performs all duties of the Building Services I position.
- Repair minor electrical equipment and service up to and including 220VAC.
- Install and repair minor plumbing such as sinks, faucets, drains, basins, hose bibs, and other plumbing equipment.
- Clean and snake drains and fixtures.
- Clean and maintain outside dumpsters and grease traps.
- Repair small appliances.
- Operate, maintain and repair heating, ventilation and air conditioning systems.
- Assign work assignments to and supervise work of student workers and Building Services I personnel with input from the College Association Business Manager and the College’s Vice President for Operations.
- Monitor and adjust space temperatures using Building Automation System.
- Other additional duties as assigned.
Salary: $15.00 /hour
High School diploma or GED. Good knowledge of the common practices, tools, terminology, and hazards of one or more standard buildings trades; good knowledge of modern buildings and equipment maintenance and repair practices; ability to work from plans, specifications, and rough sketches; ability to understand and follow oral and written instructions; ability to work well with others and supervise and direct others on work projects; good motor, hand and eye coordination; mechanical aptitude and manual dexterity; initiative, resourcefulness and dependability; willingness to be on call to report to work; physical condition commensurate with the demands of the position. Provide proof and maintain as condition of employment a valid New York State Driver’s License. Must be able to lift and maneuver fifty (50) pounds.
Desirable Qualifications: A.A.S. Degree
Please submit your resume and application.