DATE DUE: Continuous
Performs routine manual work requiring the efficient performance of simple building cleaning tasks. The responsibility of an employee in this class involves only the thorough execution of tasks following an established routine. Direct supervision is received from an assigned superior. Does related work as required. Current pay is $12.68 per hour.
TYPICAL WORK ACTIVITIES:
- Cleans and services offices, rooms, clinics, halls, stairs, laboratories and other similar units;
- Sweeps, mops and waxes floors using brooms, sweepers, polishers;
- Dusts furniture and equipment with rags and polish;
- Washes inside windows and cleans window sills;
- Cleans and services lavatories with paper and soap;
- Cleans and polishes glass panels in doors and partitions;
- Collects papers and garbage, collects trays, replaces light bulbs;
- May assist with food service duties such as filling glasses and pitchers with water, passing trays, washing, sterilizing, and wiping glasses;
- May deliver mail, packages, and supplies;
- In schools, may be assigned to assist in maintenance helper class on seasonal basis;
- Travels to multiple buildings when assigned.
FULL PERFORMANCE KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, ABILITIES AND PERSONAL CHARACTERISTICS:
Working knowledge of building cleaning methods, procedures and equipment; ability to understand and follow simple oral and written directions; willingness to perform routine cleaning and other manual tasks; ability to get along well with others; thoroughness; dependability; honesty; initiative; good physical condition.
Civil Service applications can be found in Human Resources at the College or on the Niagara County website at www.niagaracounty.com/employment. Please submit to Human Resources, Niagara County Community College, Sanborn, NY 14132 or E-Mail: HR@niagaracc.suny.edu.
Search will remain open until candidate is selected, however review of applications will begin immediately. Finalist(s) is/are subject to successful results of a criminal background check.
NCCC is an equal opportunity employer and considers all candidates for employment regardless of race, color, national origin, religion, sex, age, disability, citizenship, military status, marital status, sexual orientation or any other characteristic protected by law.