Director of User and Administrative Technology Services
Niagara County Community College
DATE DUE: 4/21/2017
Full-Time, 12 month, administrative position reporting to the Chief Information Officer (CIO).
The Director for User and Administrative Services is responsible for the day-to-day supervision of the Information Systems area within the Office of Information Technology (OIT). This responsibility includes, but is not limited to, the supervision and evaluation of assigned staff, overseeing the security of the College’s information assets, collaborating with College business units to implement and/or enhance information systems throughout the campus, and interfacing with SUNY entities and vendors as it relates to information systems. This position works with the Chief Information Officer in long-term planning, analysis, and design of systems and services to meet the needs addressed by the senior management of the College.
TYPICAL WORK ACTIVITIES:
- Oversee the day-to-day supervision of the staff of the Information Systems area within OIT including but not limited to overseeing helpdesk and programming staff, problem resolution, project management, and other tasks assigned to the Information Systems area.
- Support the CIO and senior management of the College by analyzing user requirements and needs and evaluating appropriate information system applications to meet these needs, including actively participating in SUNY-wide efforts consistent with the College’s interests.
- Provide cost/benefit decisions regarding purchase and utilization of applications, utilities, and third party add-ons as it relates to information systems.
- Continuously analyze existing, and implement new services in order to enhance and improve the quality of information system services provided to the College community.
- Assist other OIT areas in providing responsive, high-quality support to users of information technologies throughout the College community.
- Participate in conferences, meetings, and groups in higher education and SUNY-wide programs.
- Serve on College committees as assigned representing the Office of Information Technology.
Must be able to communicate verbally and in writing with the College community, SUNY-wide organizations and vendors; must be able to operate information technology equipment; must be able to relate with students, faculty, staff, and administrators of the College.
Bachelor’s degree in an information systems-related field; three years of full-time, paid experience that includes design, development, documentation, and user training of information system applications and support of individuals that use these applications and related information technologies; two years of full-time, paid experience, designing and developing computer programs in a 4GL programming language such as Java, PL/SQL, SQR, or Visual Basic; experience in project management.
Master’s degree; paid professional experience in an educational setting, preferable in higher education; experience in supervision of technology staff; experience with enterprise resource planning software, preferably Banner.
For more details concerning available positions contact Dennis Michaels, Chief Information Officer for Niagara County Community College at email@example.com or 716-614-6744
Niagara County Community College considers only those applications that clearly demonstrate the applicant meets all required qualifications and application packets are complete. Persons meeting the required qualifications as stated should sendto Human Resources, Niagara County Community College, Sanborn, NY 14132, or via E-mail to HR@niagaracc.suny.edu.
- Cover letter that addresses each of the qualifications,
- Unofficial transcripts
- Names and contact information for three (3) current, work related references.
- Three written letters of reference from applicant’s references must be sent to the above address or email before an on campus interview.
Search will remain open until candidate is selected; however to ensure consideration materials should be received by 4/21/2017. Official transcripts will be required at time of hire. Applicant finalist(s) is/are subject to successful results of a criminal background check.
NCCC is an equal opportunity employer and considers all candidates for employment regardless of race, color, national origin, religion, sex, age, disability, citizenship, military status, marital status, sexual orientation or any other characteristic protected by law.