Executive Director, Auxiliary Services
DATE DUE: 7/7/17
Reports To: NCCC President & CA Board of Directors
Department: College Association of NCCC
Provides leadership and vision for College Association and oversees the day-to-day management of all functions for dining services, housing, management of student fee accounts and retail outlets.
- Provides long range marketing, operational and facility planning.
- Develops department missions and goals assuring that they are consistent with the college’s goals and evaluates the accomplishments relative to those missions and goals. Drives continuous improvement initiatives.
- Develops, enforces and monitors operating policies and procedures for the college association entities.
- Reviews the financial and operational performance of all departments and develops options to meet budget targets. Provides monthly variance and progress reports to Board of Directors and College President.
- Develops annual budget for College Association.
- Ensures compliance with policies and procedures for audit, internal controls, and eliminating duplication of efforts.
- Works to maintain an atmosphere of positive public relations with the entire college community.
- Develops a competent team of managers, appraising them of problems and coaching them for immediate improvement as needed, holding management meetings and engaging in a total quality management process.
- Responsible for annual bid process, requests for proposal, negotiate contracts and monitoring services of 3rd party entities.
- Ensures high levels of customer satisfaction on a consistent basis.
- Develops and maintains systems to measure and evaluate personnel which are in compliance with policies and procedures and the law. Monitors all phases of the employment process, wage structure, and benefit program.
- Ensures that all and account purchasing policies and procedures are followed; that through correct menu planning, receiving and storage, maximum utilization of resources is attained, and that quality specifications and sustainability efforts are adhered to.
- Ensures that all areas of the operations are in compliance with Federal, State and Local health codes, and overall quality assurance. Implements and maintains standards of quality in all areas of the operation.
- Establish and maintain food production systems and procedures for inventory system including: ordering, receiving, storing, preparing, and serving of food related products.
- Ensures that requirements for appropriate sanitation and food safety levels in respective areas are met.
- Look for opportunities to implement new products and services which support sales growth and student needs.
- Additional duties as required or requested.
Salary: - $60,000-$70,000
Education and Training:
Bachelor’s Degree required in accounting, business, hospitality or related field; Master’s Degree preferred.
Licensure/Certification: none required.
- Minimum 5 years progressively responsible experience in higher education auxiliary services required, Minimum 2 years’ experience in a senior leadership position.
- Multi-unit enterprise experience: oversight of operational responsibility for dining or hospitality services including catering, retail stores, and campus housing and corporate functions of finance, human resources, information technology and marketing; as well as contracted service.
- Demonstrated administrative, fiscal management and leadership skills.
- Evidence of strategic planning and tactical skills.
- Excellent communication (both written and oral) and interpersonal skills.
- Experience negotiating service contracts.
- Adept in the use of Microsoft Office Suite applications.
- Collaborative management style, and experience managing multiple and diverse constituencies.
- Evidence of strong focus on customer service, excellence and quality.
College Association of Niagara County Community College, Inc. considers only those applications that clearly demonstrate the applicant meets all required qualifications and application packets are complete. Persons meeting the required qualifications as stated should send to Manager, College Association of NCCC, Inc. 3111 Saunders Settlement Rd., Sanborn, NY 14132 or via Email to CA@niagaracc.suny.edu
- Cover letter that addresses each of the qualifications
- Unofficial Transcripts
- Names and contact information for three (3) current, work related references.
- Three written letters of reference from applicant's references must be sent to the above address or email before an on campus interview.
Search will remain open until the candidate is selected; however, to ensure consideration, materials should be received by 7/7/17. Official transcripts will be required at time of hire. Applicant finalist(s) is/are subject to successful results of a criminal background check.