Facilities Maintenance Worker
DATE DUE: Continuous
Full-time, year round, hourly position reporting to the Facility Manager of the College Association of NCCC, Inc.
This position performs semi-skilled maintenance work needed to maintain a student residential housing complex. The work primarily involves the performance of a variety of maintenance tasks including heating, plumbing, electrical, carpentry, masonry, and painting trades. This position reports to the Facilities Manager of the College Association of NCCC, Inc.
- Performs semi-skilled work related to maintaining and repairing plumbing, mechanical, and carpentry repair work in a residential housing complex
- Performs all duties in a manner consistent with residence life operations and in line with the goals and expectations of the Residence Life Program
- Completes maintenance work in a timely manner to create a positive experience for residence life students
- Adjusts controls and makes routine checks to ensure proper performance of HVAC and mechanical equipment.
- May install, maintain, and repair a variety of electrical equipment and appliances.
- Installs and repairs doors, door hardware, and locks.
- Checks buildings daily to ensure building systems are operating (e.g., HVAC, elevators, lights, roof, and doors).
- Helps install and repair wiring systems, electric fixtures, and equipment.
- Performs minor repairs on windows, doors, floors, ceilings, walls, roofs, and other parts of the buildings
- Installs and repairs general plumbing equipment, such as sinks, toilets, and baths.
- Assists in cleaning and repairing boilers, air handling units, pumps, heaters, pipe lines, valves, traps, and other mechanical/ventilating systems.
- Removes snow and ice, as needed, from main walks, emergency exits, pathways, and steps.
- Performs cleaning tasks such as removal of rubbish, vacuuming, cleaning windows and doors
- In general assures that the facility is clean at all times.
- Operates trucks, automobiles, air compressors, and other motorized equipment
- Performs a variety of other related skilled and unskilled maintenance tasks as required
Minimum age 21 years
Must have a H. S. diploma or equivalent
Two years of experience working in general building maintenance
This position is subject to a criminal background check.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, ABILITIES AND PERSONAL CHARACTERISTICS:
- Ability to perform work requiring physical effort such as bending, climbing, reaching, lifting, and prolonged crouching or crawling in cramped spaces.
- Willingness to be exposed to disagreeable conditions such as dirt, grease, grime, and offensive sights or odors
- Physical condition commensurate with the demands of the position
- Working knowledge of modern building operations and maintenance
- Working knowledge of practices, tools, and terminology of heating, electrical, carpentry, painting, and plumbing trades
- Semi-skilled in performing maintenance tasks in the aforementioned trades
- Knowledge regarding appropriate use of cleaning chemicals
- Ability to understand and follow written instructions
- Ability to work from plans, specifications, and rough sketches
The employee must possess a valid NYS motor vehicle operator's license at the time of appointment and maintain such license for the duration of employment.
Resume and application can be submitted to email@example.com.