Guest Services Associate
DATE DUE: Continuous
Clerical position reporting to the NFCI /College Association Management. Guest Services Associate will receive additional day-to-day direction and assignments from the College Administrators at NFCI. The position will also provide support to the College’s Hospitality Chairperson and the College’s Director of Community Education.
The position of Guest Services Associate at the Niagara Falls Culinary Institute will interact with visitors to the building, in addition to providing support to the faculty, staff, students and administration of the College. The position requires a person with a dynamic personality, who is interested in public interaction at all levels. Successful candidates must be polite, flexible and accommodating.
The characteristics required of the Guest Services Lead include:
- Strong communication skills. The Guest Services Lead will interact with guests/potential students/students either by telephone or in-person. Successful candidates must possess the ability to listen and evaluate guest guests/potential students/students needs to direct them to the appropriate channels.
- Good Customer service skills - must be willing to readily assist guests.
- Multi-tasking skills - must be able to handle multiple tasks with constant interruptions.
- Organizational skills - must be highly organized and have the ability to establish priorities.
- Recordkeeping skills - must maintain a database of those interested in information about NFCI and its products/services.
- Basic office and math skills required. Answer phones and direct calls, take messages, type correspondence, create reports. Support faculty, staff and administration in the clerical needs of the academic units.
TYPICAL WORK ACTIVITIES – Guest Relations:
- Greet guests in a friendly and courteous manner, in person and via phone.
- Provide information to guests either face-to-face or via phone. The Guest Services Associate should be knowledgeable about and/or willing to learn about the Niagara Falls Culinary Institute (and the surrounding area) and what it offers to guests and/or potential students and their families.
- Field inquiries and direct them to the appropriate person for follow up.
- Maintain a database of parties interested in receiving information about events/classes at NFCI.
- Process registrations/payments for Tourism related classes using Micros POS.
- Give tours as needed to interested parties.
- Assists in the coordination of special events or special projects, as assigned.
TYPICAL WORK ACTIVITIES – Academic and Administrative Support:
- Field inquiries from potential students/students and direct them through appropriate channels.
- Make copies, type correspondence and perform support work.
- Process student payments.
- Create and maintain reports for the NCCC Business Office, faculty and administration, as necessary.
- Perform purchasing in support of student services and academic units, including inputting and receiving purchase orders.
- Social media updates. – ie: Facebook, Website changes with PR
- Sort mail.
- Facilitate requests for building services.
- Print class lists, student schedules
- Tours of institute for prospective students
- Registration assist
- Post job descriptions, opportunities for students; keep postings and contact info on file for career fair
- Mail out info for prospective students and keep excel
- Assist with grad fair, award ceremony
- Assist housing, student life with events when needed (career fair, movie nights, event bookings and advertising)
- Receive replacement ID, placement testing, grad fees – deposit, send to cashiers, keep college line cash drawer (students paying with cash), credit card terminal
- Follow up and reminder calls or emails to students
- Post academic class cancellations on doors, notify Mark and security of any call ins for instructors
- Maintain all inventory and notify appropriate staff member when a 1000 pieces.
TYPICAL WORK ACTIVITIES – College Association
- Set up and assist general group tours
- Keep registrations, records, payments and receipts
- Represent NFCI at Community Education events, demos, etc.
- Assists with scheduling of classes and camps
- Assists with camps for sign in, sign out, health forms, any assistance during class
- Assist with Corporate Training workforce classes.
- Public tours
- Keep updated BEO
- Assist with third party invoicing
- Change and count cash drawers, make deposits, make change for outlets throughout day, assist with keeping track and counting change bank, set up cash box for open bars or off site events.
- Coordinate weekly pick-ups with Brinks
- Gift cards – keep receipt records and those who order them; run through and send out, make envelopes with labels, student meal cards – assist with CA, Deli
- Liaison with College Association main office for micros/clover issues
2 years of experience in an office or front desk setting; High School diploma or G.E.D.
Associate’s degree in a Hospitality/Tourism related field.
Must be able to relate to a diverse population; must be able to communicate with individuals and groups both orally and in writing; must be able to operate computers, write reports and directives, and maintain records; must be able to physically perform the duties of the position; must be able to relate to the general public, staff, faculty and senior administration officials of the college; flexible schedule that may include evenings and weekends.
Resume and application can be submitted to email@example.com.