Nursing (Technical Assistant) Simulation Laboratory
DATE DUE: 1/30/2017
DESCRIPTION: Full-time 10 month position. Starting salary is $36,509.
- Participate in Division orientation program, including the mentoring process.
- Provide NCCC Wellness Center with medical information including a complete physical examination, designated lab tests and vaccines.
- Participate in college simulation laboratory activities by:
- Sets up computerized scenarios, simulators and other required equipment for scheduled labs.
- Orients faculty and students to simulation equipment and provides ongoing technical assistance.
- Maintains the simulation labs. Maintains security in the simulation lab area. Orders as necessary.
- Maintains simulators and lab equipment in operational state. Schedules regular maintenance with suppliers
- Coordinates learning activities related to use and operation of resources and equipment.
- Assist in compilation of data pertinent to the Nursing Division.
- Attends professional workshops and continuing education programs pertinent to expertise and self-development.
- Participates in NCCC Division of Nursing Faculty Competencies and Continuing Education Points.
- Assume divisional and college duties.
- Attend weekly simulation lab planning sessions and other meetings as needed.
- Participate in divisional and college committees.
- In case of an accident/incident in the college laboratory area:
- Send student to Wellness Center
- Inform Division Chairperson/Course Coordinator as soon as possible
- Complete NCCC Personal Injury Report and submit to Wellness Center
REQUIRED QUALIFICATIONS: Bachelor of Science degree with a major in Nursing; current NYS RN license; experience using data-based software applications for simulation
DESIRABLE QUALIFICATIONS: Recent experience operating high fidelity medical simulation equipment; experience maintaining Laerdal simulation lab equipment; experience with programming scenario applications for simulation; recent experience (within previous 5 years) in acute medical/surgical area; experience working in a college learning environment.
APPLICATION PROCEDURES: For more information concerning available nursing/medical positions contact Diane Roth, Assistant Vice President of Nursing and Allied Health at firstname.lastname@example.org or call 614-5940.
Niagara County Community College considers only those applications that clearly demonstrate the applicant meets all required qualifications. Persons meeting the required qualifications as stated above should send cover letter that addresses each of the qualifications, resume, unofficial transcripts of all degrees awarded, and the names and contact information for three (3) current, work-related references to Human Resources, Niagara County Community College, Sanborn, NY 14132. E-Mail: HR@niagaracc.suny.edu. Incomplete packets may be rejected for lack of information. Three written letters of reference from applicant’s references must be sent to the above address or email before an on campus interview. Search will remain open until candidate is selected; however to ensure consideration materials should be received by 1/30/2017. Official transcripts will be required at time of hire. NCCC is an EOE/AA SUNY Institution, dedicated to work force diversity. Applicant finalist(s) is/are subject to successful results of a criminal background check.