Pastry Arts Technical Assistant
DATE DUE: Continuous
This is a 12 month, tenure track position reporting to the Pastry Arts Coordinator. Responsibilities include:
- Preparation of desserts for La Patisserie
- Prepare Seasonal menus
- Prepare standardized recipes with pricing
- Maintain high customer service standards in La Patisserie
- Preparation of merchandising products for La Patisserie
- Maintain safety and sanitation in La Patisserie
- Assist in production of Savor Restaurant Desserts
- Coordinate Interns and Production
- Coordinate product from pastry labs
- Coordinate with culinary TA for procurement of specialized pastry ingredients
- Participate on college committees
- Participate in continual assessment of program and SLO's
- Maintain proper inventory controls
Contractual annual salary is $43,811. Start date is September 1, 2018.
- Associate's Degree in Pastry or Culinary or
- Bachelor's Degree in Pastry, Hospitality, Business, or Education.
- Five years' experience as a pastry chef, including retail café, ala carte desserts and supervisory experience.
- American Culinary Federation certification - working pastry chef or higher
- ServSafe certification.
Niagara County Community College considers only those applications that clearly demonstrate the applicant meets all required qualifications. Please visit website at www.niagaracc.suny.edu for complete job description. Persons meeting the required qualifications as stated above should send cover letter that addresses each of the qualifications; resume; copies of unofficial transcripts of all degrees awarded; and the names and contact information for three (3) current, work-related references to Human Resources, Niagara County Community College, Sanborn, NY 14132. E-mail: HR@niagaracc.suny.edu. Incomplete packets may be rejected for lack of information. Three written letters of reference from applicant’s references must be sent to the above address or email before an on campus interview. Search will remain open until candidate is selected, however review of applications will begin immediately. Finalist(s) is/are subject to successful results of a criminal background check.
NCCC is an equal opportunity employer and considers all candidates for employment regardless of race, color, national origin, religion, sex, age, disability, citizenship, military status, marital status, sexual orientation or any other characteristic protected by law.