Contact Workforce Development
Location: 3111 Saunders Settlement Rd.
Sanborn, NY 14132
Medical Coding CCA Certification Prep
The demand for medical coders has never been greater and this need is expected to grow for some years to come. Prepare for AHIMA's Certified Coding Associate (CCA) exam with this course. New coders earning the CCA certification will demonstrate their competency in the field even with limited job experience. This certification should be viewed as the starting point for an individual entering a new career as a coder.
The class will cover:
- Health Records and Data Content
- Health Information Requirements
- Clinical Classification Systems
- Current Procedural Terminology (CPT)
- ICD-9-CM coding
- ICD-10-CM/ICD-9-CM dual coding to address the transition
- Anatomy and Physiology
- Medical Terminology
- Reimbursement Methodologies
- Prerequisites are completion of a medical billing/coding program or experience as a working medical biller/coder.
Information on exam registration will be provided.
Dates: TBD, MTW, 5-9 p.m., $2200, books (approx. $800)
*HS Diploma or GED required for registration
Niagara County Community College, Room TBA
Contact Workforce Development, Phone: 716-614-6236,