One of NCCC's goals is to prepare graduates for productive and rewarding careers. Applied Learning gives students opportunities to connect their classroom experiences to real-world experience. Study abroad, internships, field placements, and clinical placements are examples of applied learning experiences at NCCC.
Students who don't have applied learning experiences as part of their required courses can still participate. Options for 1, 2, and 3-credit experiences that match your career goals can be designed tp meet your needs, allowing you to apply your academic skills and develop new proficiencies in a practical work setting.
- Learn new skills and enhance your understanding of the work environment
- Gain valuable career-related work experience
- Apply your classroom learning to practical situations
- Gain a better understanding of your coursework
- Explore your career options and help determine career direction
- Build a stronger application for transfer to another institution
- Increase your competitiveness in the workforce
- Network with other professionals in your chosen field
- Be matriculated in an academic program (associates degree or certificate) at NCCC
- Demonstrate an understanding of requisite skills, knowledge, and attitude of the position desired
- Be able to maintain positive work habits
- Maintain good academic progress toward completion of your chosen degree
If you are interested in learning about opportunities to participate in applied learning experiences, contact the Applied Learning Associate at 716-614-5957 to discuss options.
More about SUNY Applied Learning.