Student Development

Curriculum Change FAQs

FAQs Homepage

A curriculum change is a procedure that officially changes your course of study. Students who want to change their curriculum must contact Student Development in A-131 (614-6490) and complete a change of curriculum application, with the exception of LPN/RN. The application is also available on Banner Web under the Student Services and Financial Aid tab. Click on Student Records and select Curriculum Change Application.

Each particular curriculum has it own unique entrance requirements. In order to ensure that you are taking the correct requirements for your intended curriculum, you should refer to the current NCCC college catalog and/or talk to your advisor. You can also make an appointment to speak to a counselor in Student Development (A-131).

Admissions requirements and curriculum change requirements both outline pre requisite coursework for specific majors. Admissions requirements apply to new students not currently attending NCCC and curriculum change requirements apply to continuing students at the College who want to change their major.

Students who have met the prerequisites for a particular program are put on a waitlist. In order to remain on this list, students must continue to adhere to the prerequisite standards for their program of interest. Student Development uses this list when placing students into the program as seats become available.

Students must be enrolled in classes for each semester (not including summer sessions) that they are on the waitlist. In order to know what you should be doing for your particular program, refer to NCCC's College catalog.

Yes. Waitlists are reviewed at the beginning and end of each semester to ensure that all students have continuous enrollment and continue to meet all entrance requirements for the specified curriculum.

  • Make sure that your academic advisor knows your intended plans and preferred curriculum so that s/he can keep you informed of any updates regarding the curriculum change process or your intended program.
  • Attend the UNSCHEDULE information workshop: "So You Want to Go into a High Demand Program". This workshop was specifically developed for students interested in: Animal Management, Massage Therapy, Medical Assistant, Phlebotomist, Physical Therapist Assistant, Radiologic Technology, and Surgical Technology. Stop by Student Development (A -131) to register.
  • Make an appointment with a counselor in Student Development (A-131).

If there are any changes regarding the curriculum change process or program requirements after you have submitted a curriculum change application you will be notified by Student Development. It is important to insure that your contact information in BANNER is accurate so that college officials can contact you.

Your academic advisor and Student Development department are two excellent resources to answer curriculum change questions.