Registration & Records

Graduation FAQs

FAQs Homepage

Yes you do. All students planning to graduate must apply for graduation.  Login to Banner Web.  Click on "Student & Financial Aid", "Student Records", and "Graduation Application - Submit" to apply.  This should be done during your last semester of enrollment.  Filing deadlines are published throughout the campus. Failure to file by deadline will result in the delay of your diploma and/or certificate and award of your graduation.

The graduation fee of $30 is a mandatory one-time fee that is used to offset expenses related to graduation/commencement. Upon the completion of a graduation application and payment of the $30 fee, the Registration & Records Office begins a review of a potential graduate's transcript to determine if all requirements for graduation have been met. The expenses associated with graduation/commencement activities include:

  • Processing of graduation application and payment of fee
  • Review of transcript by Registration & Records Office and Academic Advisors
  • Printing and mailing of information letters
  • Purchase of diplomas, certificates, and covers
  • Preparation/printing of program, announcements, tickets, etc.
  • Commencement day activities; i.e. keynote speaker, rental of equipment, receptions, etc.

Spring and Fall graduates will receive a postcard in the mail notifying you when your diploma/certificate is available for pick-up. Any diplomas/certificates not picked up by the date stated on the postcard are mailed to the address on file. Summer graduates automatically receive their diploma/certificate in the mail. If you have recently moved, you can log in to Banner Web and submit an “Address Update Request”, or you may download the "Address/Telephone Change Form" from the Registration & Records webpage and scan/email it to

You can meet with your advisor to review the graduation requirements and the academic coursework you've taken. You can also run a degree evaluation on Degree Works. This will review the coursework you've taken and apply it toward your degree/certificate requirements to determine eligibility for graduation. Visit the College website, click Current Students at top, then Registration & Records."Degree Evaluation" on the side of the page will have instructions.

A hold on your accounts (i.e. cashier's, library, etc.) will prevent us from issuing a diploma/certificate to you. You will need to resolve this issue prior to graduation by contacting the appropriate office.

Graduation certifications are performed during the weeks following submission of final grades for the semester. If you are NOT eligible, a notification letter is sent from the Registration & Records Office. If you continue coursework at NCCC, or you transfer to another institution and have credits transferred back to complete requirements, you MUST notify the Registration & Records Office to change your anticipated graduation date on your graduation application. This ensures your academic record will be re-evaluated for graduation and, if qualified, will be certified at the appropriate time. If you fail to notify us, your degree/certificate will not be awarded. The application fee previously paid can be applied to the new semester.