NCCC is an equal opportunity employer and considers all candidates for employment regardless of race, color, national origin, religion, sex, age, disability, citizenship, military status, marital status, sexual orientation or any other characteristic protected by law.
Full-time Faculty and Administration
- Vacant positions are listed on the NCCC career opportunities page here. In addition, position vacancies are advertised both locally and nationally in print and online recruitment media.
- Persons responding to these announcements should follow the application instructions specified. Applications must include all required materials as stated in the advertisement and to ensure consideration must be received or postmarked by the date specified in the announcement. Letters of reference should be from sources that can attest to the professional competencies of the applicant and should be from persons associated with the current or most recent employment.
- The search procedure is thorough and designed to find the most suitable candidate for the open position in a three-stage process.
- In stages I and II complete application packets are reviewed by members of the search committee based on the advertised required and desirable qualifications.
- In stage III select candidates will be able to demonstrate their suitability for the position to the search committee in an interview.
- Once the interviews are completed, the committee recommends to the president of the College the names of up to three persons who they feel are acceptable for the position. All appointments are made by the president of the College.
- The candidate selected as a finalist for the open position is subject to criminal background checks in accordance with NCCC policy and all applicable Federal and State Laws and Regulations.
The intent of these procedures is to select the right individual in accordance with the needs of the College and within appropriate policy and equal opportunity guidelines. Search committee members and the administration of the College take pride in their role in the hiring process. As NCCC wishes to make the process as comfortable as possible, applicants are welcome to e-mail Human Resources about these procedures or about the status of their application at any time.
Part-Time Credit Instructor & Non-Instructional Positions
Part-time vacancies are posted on the NCCC career opportunities page here. Please follow application instructions for the position opening in order to be considered for employment.
Civil Service Positions
Competitive positions are filled from a certified eligible list provided by the Niagara County Civil Service Office. Persons interested in the civil service competitive positions should contact the Niagara County Civil Service Office for information about testing and placement on the list (phone: 716-438-4071; website: www.niagaracounty.com).
Non-competitive positions are filled from applications that have been approved as qualified to fill the position by the Niagara County Civil Service Office. Persons interested in non-competitive positions may submit a resume or call to request an application that will be kept on file for one year.
Visit our career opportunities page for current job openings.