About the Area
Niagara County and the Niagara Falls area
Niagara County consists of 3 cities: Niagara Falls, Lockport and North Tonawanda.
In addition, there are 12 towns and 5 villages contained within the county.
Approximately 13 million tourists visit Niagara Falls to view the splendor of Niagara Falls, one of the seven natural wonders of the world. Within Niagara Falls State Park, visitors may enjoy the Maid of the Mist and Cave of the Winds Attractions. Other popular attractions in the region are Fort Niagara, the Lockport Locks, the Erie Canal, the Seneca Niagara Casino, and the Niagara Wine Trail.
See what the national media have to say about the Niagara/Buffalo region
- Niagara Falls: 10 favorite places to vacation
- Niagara Falls Culinary Institute Gingerbread House
- Niagara Falls: Fall Weekend Getaways to Add to Your Travel List
- Take a Fresh Look at Niagara Falls USA
- A Revitalized Buffalo
- Buffalo: Classic architecture, international cuisine, adventurous activities and serious art: This Western New York city is blossoming.
- Buffalo is a “hot city” in Upstate New York
- Buffalo Lives Up to Its Welcoming Reputation