Fine Arts, A.S.
The Fine Arts curriculum at NCCC is designed to provide students with a solid introduction to the fundamental aspects of art. This grounding in the principles of art serves as a base for future growth and specialization.
Program Goals and Objectives
- Successfully transfer to a four-year baccalaureate program in an art, design or other related field.
- Evaluate professional and/or career options in the arts.
- Demonstrate a clear understanding of the foundational concepts and fundamental principles of creating and appreciating art.
- Demonstrate critical problem-solving skills by designing appropriate solutions to a series of studio problems.
- Demonstrate competent use of a range of studio media and equipment and an understanding of the methods and processes involved in developing a work of art.
Graduates have transferred to four-year institutions such as:
- Art Institute of Chicago
- The Cleveland School of Art
- Daemen College
- Fashion Institute of Technology
- Pratt Institute
- Rochester Institute of Technology
- SUNY at Buffalo
- SUNY Colleges at Brockport, Buffalo, Fredonia, New Paltz and Purchase