Dr. Lindsay Rose
Coming Fall 2020
Chemistry has impacted so many aspects of our lives including our electronic devices, life saving medications, and alternative energy sources! A chemistry major will lay the foundations for your path to become a scientist and make contributions to a number of fields like technology, medicine, energy, textiles, forensics, agriculture, and consumer products.
At completion of the program, students will understand the basics of chemistry and be prepared to further their scientific education upon transfer.*
- Agricultural and Food Chemistry
- Alternative Energy Research
- Analytical Chemistry
- Chemical Health and Safety
- Environmental Chemistry
- Food and Flavor Chemistry
- Forensic Chemistry
- Formulation Chemistry
- High School Chemistry Teacher
- Industrial Process Chemistry
- Materials Science
- Medicinal Chemistry
- Nuclear Chemistry
- Patent Law
- Pharmaceutical Research
- Polymer Chemistry
- Research Scientist
- Scientific Policy
- Technical Sales and Marketing
*Some careers may require more specialized education
This program is designed for graduates to easily transfer into a 4-year institution within the same program/field.
Program Goals and Objectives
The Program Educational Goals and Objectives are to provide:
- A course of study that enables graduates to transfer seamlessly into four-year baccalaureate programs in Chemistry or a Chemistry-related discipline.
- A core of chemistry, calculus and physics courses suitable for continued coursework at the four-year level and in support of continued education or professional endeavors upon attainment of the baccalaureate degree.
- Individualized advisement which will assist each student in developing their educational and career goals including transfer to an upper-division institution.