The Associate in Science Music Degree program services both acoustic and electronic musicians. At NCCC, students will concentrate on the performance of their major instrument as the program prepares them for transfer into baccalaureate programs. Students are offered a multitude of academic and ensemble courses as well as many performance experience opportunities.
Program Goals and Objectives
- To prepare students for a successful audition leading to acceptance as transfer students into Music Education, Music Performance, Recording Technology, Music Business or other music-related programs at four-year colleges, universities and conservatories.
- To improve musicianship in a variety of classical and contemporary music experiences.
- To provide students with a well-rounded music and liberal arts education.
- To afford students ample opportunity to perform in a variety of venues on their major instrument or voice.
Did you know?
- There is no audition requirement in order to enroll in the music program
- We offer both a musicianship track and recording track to help tailor courses to each student’s individual career and transfer goals
- NCCC has a 17:1 student to faculty ratio to ensure personalized attention and growth in the classroom
- Our program prepares you for a transfer audition into a Baccalaureate program in music
- You don’t need to be a music major to take music courses. Any student of the college can enroll in a music course, and our ensembles are open to the community!
Music Department Faculty
Organ, Harpsichord, Conducting
American Popular Music
Guitar, Electric Bass