The Music certificate is designed for those who wish to develop their musicianship and explore an academic program in music. It provides students the opportunity to assess their musical skill and explore the College learning environment. The program offers practical application in music composition, ear-training, sight-singing and basic piano skills, and develops understanding of Western Art Music as well as American popular music. Courses offer hands-on approach to writing, understanding and demonstrating concepts in music and the experience of college level academic course work.
Program Goals and Objectives
- Develop musicianship and assess personal skill.
- Explore an academic program in music within the College learning environment.
- Prepare for seamless transfer into the Associate in Science Music degree (optional).
Did you know?
- There is no audition requirement in order to enroll in the music program
- We offer both a musicianship track and recording track to help tailor courses to each student’s individual career and transfer goals
- NCCC has a 17:1 student to faculty ratio to ensure personalized attention and growth in the classroom
- Our program prepares you for a transfer audition into a Baccalaureate program in music
You don’t need to be a music major to take music courses. Any student of the college can enroll in a music course, and our ensembles are open to the community!
Gainful Employment Outlook and Costs
Find out what the job outlook is in a particular field after completion of a certificate program. Determine the costs associated for NCCC certificate programs. Cost information is available on tuition/fees, books and on-campus housing.
View information for Music.