Registration & Records

Cross Registration

Niagara County Community College participates in a Western New York Consortium Agreement whereby full-time, matriculated students may cross register for an additional course, without cost, at a private or public, 2-year or 4-year college which is a member of the consortium. You are eligible for this program ONLY if you are a full-time student currently enrolled in a degree/certificate program at your "home" institution.

At NCCC, you may not cross register until open registration begins. In addition, applications are only accepted in the Fall and Spring semesters. Cross registration is intended to strengthen a student's academic program by including a course or courses NOT taught by the home institution.

You must be a matriculated student, full time at home institution; limited to 1 course on a space available basis. Students must prove permanent residency in New York State for 12 months & Niagara County for the 6 months prior to the start of the semester, and provide an Out-of-County Certificate if the student’s residency is out of Niagara County, but in New York State. All Out-of- County residents must supply a certificate of residence to the Cashier’s office by September 30th for Fall in order to have the Out-of-County charge waived.

Cross registered students that register previous to the published dates will not be honored as cross registered students and the tuition will not be deferred. All course-related fees in excess of tuition are the responsibility of the student (e.g., lab fees etc.).

If a student does not submit the cross registration form at the time of registration the student will be billed for the course. Students that drop below full time status at their home institution become responsible for tuition.

Each participating institution may make its own policy regarding admittance of a cross registered student, so please check the policy of the institution you will be cross registering with.

Currently we have cross registration agreements with the following colleges/universities:

  • Buffalo State College
  • Canisius College
  • Daemen College
  • D'Youville College
  • Empire State College
  • Erie Community College
  • Genesee Community College
  • Hilbert College
  • Houghton College
  • Jamestown Community College
  • Medaille College
  • Niagara University
  • Saint Bonaventure University
  • State University College at Fredonia
  • State University of NY College of Technology at Alfred
  • SUNY at Buffalo
  • Trocaire College
  • Villa Maria College

You may pick up a cross registration form at the Records Office of your home institution. After you complete this form, you must have it signed by your advisor and the Registrar (Cross Registration Officer) of the home institution. Once completed and approved, the form will be given back to you. You then need to submit a copy to the Records Office of the institution at which you will be cross registering.

Western New York Consortium of Registrar's Cross Registration Calendar