SUNY Transfer Agreement
An opportunity to continue full-time study at a four-year State University of New York college is guaranteed to all New York residents who transfer directly from NCCC with an AA or an AS degree. Acceptance to a specific college or academic program is not guaranteed. Strict deadlines and other rules are enforced to qualify for this program. For further information, contact the Student Development Department.
Another option that provides an effective transfer route is called an articulation agreement. Articulation agreements confirm that participating colleges agree on course equivalences for individual majors. NCCC has over 100 articulation agreements with colleges and universities across the country. Students need to apply to the College or university of their choice. Although there is no guarantee of acceptance, the articulation agreements recognize course equivalencies that have been agreed upon by the Colleges or universities. The articulation agreements also serve to inform students about program prerequisites and requirements.
What is Dual Admission?
Dual Admission is a special transfer program developed in conjunction with selected four-year colleges and universities. This program enables students to take advantage of some unique benefits. The Dual Admission program is available for only certain colleges and certain majors. To participate in the program, a student must be enrolled in the appropriate parallel NCCC curriculum (see "Programs Listed by General Program Area"), and must meet the course and GPA guidelines of the four-year college.
What are the Benefits of Dual Admission?
- No need to file a separate application to transfer
- Guaranteed acceptance to the four-year college
- Student's academic advisor at NCCC is specially trained to advise students who are in Dual Admission programs
- Use of the NCCC DA Transfer Guides which list specific course requirements
- Access to program advisors at the transfer college
- Transfer college monitors the progress of students while they are enrolled at NCCC
- Transcripts forwarded to the transfer college at the end of each semester
- Transfer with junior-level standing
- Earlier Registration at the Transfer College
- Ability to graduate from the 4 year College after 2 years of full time study
Who is Eligible for Dual Admission?
NCCC students with less than 30 credits completed are eligible for Dual Admissions. Students with credits completed at another college are not eligible (exceptions: college credit courses taken while still enrolled in high school or while in the military)
How Do I Apply for Dual Admission?
Students can apply for Dual Admissions after meeting with a counselor in Student Development. Call 716-614-6290 or stop by A-131 to set up an appointment.