Contact Cashier's Office
Location: A-205 - Notar Admin Bldg.
Hours: Mon-Fri, 8:00am - 5:00pm
Thurs - 8:00am - 6:00pm
Certificate of Residency
PLEASE GIVE THIS MATTER YOUR PROMPT ATTENTION.
NON-RESIDENT TUITION/NO PERMIT CHARGES WILL REMAIN ON YOUR ACCOUNT UNTIL THE PROPER CERTIFICATE IS RECEIVED
If you have been a legal resident of New York State for the past year BUT live outside Niagara County, please review the notes and follow the instructions below.
Note #1: Timing is everything: Applications cannot be notarized, nor Certificates issued, more than 60 days prior to the first term of use. A good rule of thumb is to wait to complete the application until after July 4 for the Fall term, after Thanksgiving for the Spring term, and after April 1st for the Summer term. The latest date to apply is approximately 3 weeks after the first day of the full term, leaving about a 75 to 80-day-window, during which you can complete the application process.
Note #2: The date to first apply for a Certificate of Residency is close to the Tuition Due Date. Please note that tuition labeled "Non Resident Tuition/No Permit" has a due date extension as described in #1 above. When calculating the amount of tuition & fees to pay by a given term's published Tuition Due Date, you may deduct the "Non Resident Tuition/No Permit" amount shown on your bill and remit the balance. Use the same calculation to determine if your Financial Aid fully covers all other Tuition and Fees, or to determine the amount needed to enroll in the Term's Payment Plan.
INSTRUCTIONS FOR SUBMITTING CERTIFICATE OF RESIDENCY AFFIDAVIT:
- Click on the "Certificate of Residency Application Form" button below. Cayuga County Residents: Please scroll to bottom of page for instructions specific to Cayuga County residents.
- Print the form and fill out the Residency Affidavit. Important - your signature on this application must be witnessed by a Notary Public. DO NOT SIGN until directed to do so by a notary.
- If you live in Erie County, complete the Certificate of Residence Application Form. Important - your signature must be witnessed by a notary public. Do not sign the application until you are in the presence of a Notary Public. Notaries are available in the Cashier's Office at NCCC. Original, completed, signed and notarized applications should be sent to the NCCC Cashier's Office. NCCC will forward your application to Erie County for processing.
- For Other County Residents of New York State, present the completed, signed and notarized Certificate of Residency Application to your County Treasurer for processing.
- Once validated, your County Treasurer will retain your application form and give you a Certificate of Residency which is to be sent to the NCCC Cashier's Office. Send in the original Certificate, not a copy. Call your County Treasurer if you have any questions about this procedure.
QUESTIONS? -- CALL THE NCCC CASHIER'S OFFICE AT: 716-614-6443
CERTIFICATE OF RESIDENCY APPLICATION FORM (PDF Format)
Please Note: If the above link does not work, you need to install Adobe Acrobat Reader© on your computer.
Download the free Adobe Acrobat Reader© by clicking on the icon below:
Once you have installed Adobe Acrobat Reader © on your computer, you will be able to print the form by selecting "File" and then "Print."
CAYUGA COUNTY RESIDENTS: Cayuga County has their own specific form and requirements. Go to http://www.cayugacounty.us/Departments/Treasurers-Office, and access the required Application for Certificate of Residence for Community Colleges form, located at the bottom of that Web page. Fill out the top part of the form except signature and notary. Present the form to your Town Office or City Hall, along with your photo ID, and have them complete the bottom portion. You may also get the form notarized at this point. Present the completed and notarized form to the County Treasurer to receive your Certificate of Residency. Provide that original Certificate to NCCC. The Cayuga County Treasurer can be reached at 315-253-1211.