Contact Cashier's Office
Location: A-205 - Notar Admin Bldg.
Hours: Mon-Fri, 8:00am - 5:00pm
Thurs - 8:00am - 6:00pm
Certificate of Residency
PLEASE GIVE THIS MATTER YOUR PROMPT ATTENTION.
NON-RESIDENT TUITION/NO PERMIT CHARGES WILL REMAIN ON YOUR ACCOUNT UNTIL THE PROPER CERTIFICATE IS RECEIVED
If you have been a legal resident of New York State for the past year BUT live outside Niagara County, please review the notes and follow the instructions below.
Note #1: Timing is everything: The date to first apply for a Certificate of Residency is close to the Tuition Due Date. Applications cannot be notarized, nor Certificates issued, more than 60 days prior to the first term of use. A good rule of thumb is to wait to complete the application until after July 4 for the Fall term, after Thanksgiving for the Spring term, and after April 1st for the Summer term. The latest date to apply is approximately 3 weeks after the first day of the full term, leaving about a 75 to 80-day-window, during which you can complete the application process.
Note #2: When calculating the amount of tuition & fees to pay by a given term's published Tuition Due Date, you may deduct the "Non Resident Tuition/No Permit" amount shown on your bill and remit the balance. Use the same calculation to determine if your Financial Aid fully covers all other Tuition and Fees, or to determine the amount needed to enroll in the Term's Payment Plan.
INSTRUCTIONS FOR SUBMITTING CERTIFICATE OF RESIDENCY AFFIDAVIT:
- Click on the "Certificate of Residency Application Form" button below. Cayuga, Nassau and Oswego County Residents: Please scroll to bottom of page for specific instructions.
- Print the form and fill out the Residency Affidavit. Important - your signature on this application must be witnessed by a Notary Public. DO NOT SIGN until directed to do so by a notary.
- If you live in Erie County, please note the procedure has changed effective with the Fall 2019 term. Follow step 4 below and see specific county instructions and links at the bottom of this page.
- All Non-Niagara County Residents of New York State: present the completed, signed and notarized Certificate of Residency Application to your County Treasurer for processing, along with proof of residency as required.
- Once validated, your County Treasurer or Comptroller's Office will retain your application form and give you a Certificate of Residency which is to be sent to the NCCC Cashier's Office. Send in the original Certificate, not a copy. Call your County Treasurer if you have any questions about this procedure.
QUESTIONS? -- CALL THE NCCC CASHIER'S OFFICE AT: 716-614-6443
CERTIFICATE OF RESIDENCY APPLICATION FORM (PDF Format)
Please Note: If the above link does not work, you need to install Adobe Acrobat Reader© on your computer.
Download the free Adobe Acrobat Reader© by clicking on the icon below:
Once you have installed Adobe Acrobat Reader © on your computer, you will be able to print the form by selecting "File" and then "Print."
ERIE COUNTY RESIDENTS: Effective Fall 2019, NCCC is no longer able to accept your applications on Erie County's behalf. Instead, you will need to bring, mail or e-mail your completed, notarized application to the Erie County Comptroller's Office, along with proof of residency from the approved list. Note your proof MUST prove both one year in New York State AND the most recent 6 months in Erie County. Click here for address information and a list of acceptable proofs. We are happy to assist students with the Notary portion of the application, as well as making copies of acceptable proofs of residency.
CAYUGA COUNTY RESIDENTS: Cayuga County has their own specific form and requirements. Access the required Application for Certificate of Residence for Community Colleges form and instructions, linked here. The Cayuga County Treasurer can be reached at 315-253-1211.
NASSAU COUNTY RESIDENTS: Nassau County will use their own specific form effective 7/1/2019. Also, Nassau County has launched an online application system, which is now the preferred method for you to apply for your COR. Click Here for a link to the Nassau County COR webpages. The Nassau County Treasurer can be reached at 516-571-2090.
OSWEGO COUNTY RESIDENTS: Oswego County has their own specific form and requirements. Access the required Oswego County Application for NYS Community College Certificate of Residence form and instructions, linked here. The Oswego County Treasurer can be reached at 315-349-8393.