NCCC Academic Center for Excellence
The mission of the Academic Center for Excellence (ACE) at SUNY Niagara County Community College is to provide students with learning support services that serve as a foundation for academic success, retention, and completion of educational goals. To accomplish this mission, we
- Implement diverse types of course-related academic support, such as student tutoring, academic coaching, and collaborative study groups
- Provide individuals and group-based workshops for ways to implement successful study skills and strategies
- Collaborate and partner with faculty, advisors, and administrators to coordinate a campus-wide network of academic support
- Foster a safe and collaborative student-centered environment through shared learning experiences
The vision of ACE is to provide NCCC students with the strategies and skills needed to assist them in becoming independent learners who rely upon their strengths and abilities.
How ACE can help you
As a first step we ask that you consult with your instructor(s) in regards to your coursework. Our instructors are committed to your success and know what is best for you to succeed. In addition, we encourage you to speak with your academic advisor. Advisors can provide you with academic advice particular to your degree or program throughout your career at NCCC.
Academic coaches are professional tutors that have obtained a degree in content-specific areas such as accounting, math, writing, science, and more! Coaches are also available to help you with time management and/or metacognitive learning strategies. You can make an appointment with a coach online or see if someone if available for a walk-in!
Through the use of STAR-NY Online Tutoring, NCCC students can access online tutoring from home or on campus Sunday – Thursday from 7p.m. – midnight.
Student Support Staff
The support staff within ACE can help you with any questions or concerns you may have. Our support staff can be located within ACE at our front log in desk, in the back corner with academic support services, or within the office areas. Please do not hesitate to ask questions – we encourage it!
Student tutors provide one-on-one or group tutoring sessions based on specific course offerings here at NCCC. Head to the ACE webpage to view course offerings and the days/times that student tutors are available!
ACE currently offers one-on-one academic workshops for:
- Creating an Academic Plan Specific to You!
- Scheduling Your Semester for Success: Time Management
- Student Guide to Academic Resources: Get to Know What Your Campus Has to Offer!
- Study Smarter, Not Harder: Metacognitive Learning Strategies
To schedule a one-on-one appointment for a workshop, call 716-614-6453 or email us at firstname.lastname@example.org with your request.
D-201 (within the Lewis Library)
Niagara County Community College
3111 Saunders Settlement Rd
Sanborn, NY 14132