Denise Prohaska - Admissions Advisor
Donna Sandretto, MS, RN, CNE
Practical Nursing, Certificate
The NCCC's Practical Nursing program is committed to the education of practical nurses and the promotion of wellness in the community. The Practical Nursing program offers clinical experiences at hospitals, health care facilities and community agencies in Niagara, Orleans and Erie counties to provide students with important clinical experiences in all areas of health care. Graduates of the program are eligible to take the National Council License Examination (NCLEX-PN) for Practical Nurses through the State Education Department.
Program Goals and Objectives
Upon completion of the Practical Nursing Program:
- The graduates will be reported by the New York State Education Department to have passed the NCLEX-PN licensure exam at a rate equal to or exceeding the national and New York State mean.
- Be employed in a position for which the program prepared them and express satisfaction with the program.
- Students are expected to complete the program in four semesters, including Fall, Spring and two Summer sessions.
- Employers will express satisfaction with the competence level of the graduates.
- According to the most recent Employment and Continuing Education survey of 2017 graduates responding, 90% are employed.
Student Achievement Data:
- NCLEX-PN pass rate for 2018 is 100%
- The completion rate for 2016 -2018 cohort is 95%
Gainful Employment Outlook and Costs
Find out what the job outlook is in a particular field after completion of a certificate program. Determine the costs associated for NCCC certificate programs. Cost information is available on tuition/fees, books and on-campus housing.
View information for Practical Nursing.
The mission of the practical nursing program at Niagara County Community College is to educate individuals who will provide safe, patient- centered nursing care in today's diverse healthcare environment, while demonstrating caring behaviors, utilizing critical thinking, maintaining professional integrity. Graduates of the practical nursing program are eligible to start their nursing career upon completion of the licensing exam in a variety of settings, or continue on to a AAS in nursing.